Home Insurance in Connecticut
Connecticut doesn’t require you to purchase home insurance, but it’s coverage you must invest in. Think of it this way. Suppose an electrical mishap sparks a fire that consumes most of your building. How much do you think it will cost you to repair the house? Probably, nearly as much as it cost you to put up the building!
Thankfully, you can cushion yourself from such financial losses by investing in home insurance from Stratos Wealth Partners in Danbury, CT. While home insurance doesn’t prevent perils from occurring, it ensures that you aren’t alone when the unthinkable happens.
Home insurance coverages
If you are about to invest in home insurance, you need to understand the below home insurance coverages.
- Dwelling coverage: Perhaps, most homeowners purchase home insurance to protect their dwelling. Dwelling coverage cushions your building from perils like fire, vandalism, and many natural disasters.
- Contents coverage: Home insurance protects your valuables like clothing, electronics, and furniture against loss or damage from perils like theft, fire, and so on.
- Liability coverage: Home insurance protects you and your family members when accused of bodily injury or property damage by third parties. Besides, this coverage protects you when sued.
- Loss of use: If a covered peril damages your dwelling, home insurance pays for additional living expenses until your home becomes livable again.
Home insurance exclusions
While home insurance is a crucial investment, it doesn’t protect your home from all risks. Typical home insurance doesn’t shield you from damage emanating from:
- Floods and earthquakes
- Intentional acts
- Pest and mold infestation
- Government actions
- Sewer and drainage backup
- Normal wear and tear
As a rule of thumb, if you want to know what is covered or excluded in your home insurance policy, scrutinize your policy document in and out.
Buy home insurance today!
Whether shopping or renewing your home insurance in Danbury, CT, you can count on Stratos Wealth Partners for all your home insurance needs. Contact us or visit our offices today to get the conversation started.